Counterfeiting is the complete reproduction of the document.
Counterfeiting a passport can involve this:
- Using substitute materials to imitate original documents (paper, polycarbonate)
- Scanning a valid certificate passport for modification using computer software
- Reproduction of background and logos using alternative printing technologies
- Final lamination using commercial laminates
- Re-creating the document using computer software
- Using original material that may be commercially available
How To prevent the creation of fake passports online, the key is to design a quality passport that is very difficult to copy, produce and personalize.
Fortunately, this can be achieved by multiplying effects: combining tactile and optical features, different technologies, and using material and inks not available in the public domain within a complex design.
A specific color mix and excellent details that are hard to scan and print without high-end professional equipment.